Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Studio Movie Grill - Addison
Add Your Comments
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
- Roseville, MI: Silver Cinemas - Macomb Mall Closed [5/8]
- Oxon Hill, MD: AMC Reopens the Former Rivertowne 12 Cinemas [5/5]
The Studio Movie Grill - Addison in the Dallas, Texas area closed its doors on August 19, 2010, according to a post on the Studio Movie Grill web site.
An article by the Dallas Morning News mentions that the theater could not compete with just five screens:
"To be quite frank, in this competitive landscape, five screens just aren't enough," [Brian Schultz, president of Studio Movie Grill] said Wednesday. The Addison location had five, compared with the eight to 10 each that Studio Movie Grill has in Plano, Dallas and Arlington. The latter two are state-of-the-art venues with large seating capacities.
The decision to close Addison was, for Schultz, not without emotion. "What was fun about that location," he said, "was that it was the first premier movie restaurant that carried first-run movies – in the world. The first. But as we grow, with the latest technology and all those things, it's important that we provide the best customer experience possible."
Schultz paused and said, "This is a big deal for me personally, but you've got to do what you've got to do to keep going." He pointed out that Addison customers won't have to drive far – only six or seven miles – to the Plano or Dallas locations to see the movies the chain offers.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.