Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Town 
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The Boston premiere of The Town, a thriller starring Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner, will be held at Fenway park in Boston, Massachusetts on Tuesday, September 14, 2010.
Attending the event from the movie will be Ben Affleck, Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner, Rebecca Hall, Blake Lively, and Chris Cooper. Additional celebrity guests are also expected.
Celebrities will begin arriving at 7pm and the screening will begin at 8pm.
Ben Affleck directed, co-wrote and stars in The Town, a dramatic thriller set in Boston, about robbers and cops, friendship and betrayal, love and hope, and escaping a past that has no future.
Doug MacRay (Affleck) is the leader of a crew of ruthless bank robbers, but he is not cut from the same cloth as his fellow thieves. The only family Doug has are his partners in crime, especially Jem (Renner). However, everything changed on the gang's last job when Jem briefly took a hostage: bank manager Claire Keesey (Rebecca Hall).
When they discover she lives in Charlestown, Jem wants to check out what she might have seen, but Doug takes charge. He seeks out Claire, who has no idea that this charming stranger is one of the men who terrorized her only days before. As his relationship with Claire deepens into a passionate romance, Doug wants out of this life and the town. But getting out will not be easy and, worse, may put Claire in the line of fire. Any choices Doug once had have boiled down to one: betray his friends or lose the woman he loves.
The Town opens in theaters nationwide on Friday, September 17th, and showtimes and tickets are now available at select theaters! You can buy your tickets online by going to the Showtimes page for opening day and clicking on the showtimes that appear as links.
Are You Planning to See It?
The plot summary sounds interesting, and the trailer is pretty good, so I've added this movie to my Favorite Movies list! Ben Affleck hasn't exactly been at the forefront of incredible movies lately, but a strong story and support cast should help him along if he falters a little.
If the information above doesn't get you to the point of knowing you want to see it, be sure to check out the photos and videos we have, as well as links to the official web site and IMDb entry for the movie. These can all be found in one easy place on the Information Page for The Town.
Source: Warner Bros. Picture Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.