Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Larchmont, NY: Bow Tie Larchmont Playhouse Closed [9/26]
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
The Wildwood - Rock Theatre in Janesville, Wisconsin closed after the last movies were shown on Monday, September 6, 2010. The official web site doesn't mention a reason for the closing, but it did mention that the Wildwood - Movies 10 nearby will be opening six more screens in October.
The Janesville Gazette ran a story in October 2009 about plans for the Movies 10 location that were being considered by the City of Janesville:
The owner of Wildwood Theatres is asking the city for permission to expand its Movies 10 complex at 3100 Deerfield Drive in the Pine Tree Plaza.
Wildwood also owns the Rock Theatres, 1620 Newport Road. The owner would close Rock Theatres after an expanded Movies 10 opens, according to a memo to city council members.
Rock Theatres, which is 17 years old, would be “marketed for another use and owner,” the memo states. “Given the location and the number of theaters already in the community, it is unlikely that the re-use of the structure will be for theaters in the future. That property is zoned B2, Community Shopping District, which allows numerous commercial uses.”
Gale Price, manager of building and development services for the city, said he’s not surprised to hear that Rock Theatres might close. Its location is “terrible,” out of sight of nearby Milton Avenue and patrons, Price said.
The Rock Theatre opened in 1992 and was owned by Wildwood Theatres (which also owns the Movies 10).
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.