Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
Marcus Theatres announced that it has agreed to purchase the Regal College Avenue 16 in Appleton, Wisconsin from Regal Cinemas. The 16-screen theater will close Wednesday, September 22, 2010 to install new equipment and will reopen Friday, October 1 as a Marcus Theatres location.
"We are pleased to add the College Avenue 16 to our Marcus Theatres circuit," said Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres.
"Marcus Theatres has been a strong community partner in the Appleton area for many years with our Hollywood Cinema and Funset Boulevard on the west side of the city. We know moviegoers who attend the College Avenue 16 Cinema will also enjoy the high-quality services and exceptional experience our theatres provide to our guests. Marcus Theatres has been in the motion picture exhibition business for 75 years and we look forward to continuing to bring the latest pictures and entertainment to movie-goers in all of our markets throughout the Midwest."
The theater will likely have a new name when it re-opens and it would be no surprise to see some evidence of the Marcus marquee at the entrance.
Not counting this acquisition, the Marcus Corporation currently owns and/or operates 53 movie theaters in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Ohio. Their press release states that they are the sixth-largest movie theater chain in the country. According to our records, Regal Cinemas owns and/or operates 546 locations across the United States, but the Appleton location was its only one in Wisconsin.
Source: Marcus Corporation Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.