Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus Crossroads Cinema
- Marcus West Acres Cinema
- Marcus Hollywood Cinema
Grand Chute, WI
Add Your Comments
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium Theatre Reopens as 5-Screen Luxury Movie Theater [10/5]
- Washington, DC: Landmark Atlantic Plumbing Cinema to Open October 15, 2015 [10/5]
- San Diego, CA: Angelika Film Center & Cafe to Open October 9, 2015 [10/2]
- La Jolla, CA: Movies Come to The LOT [10/2]
- Rochester, MN: Wehrenberg Rochester Galaxy 14 Cine Getting IMAX, Losing Mega Screen [9/30]
- Duncansville, PA: Carmike 12 - Altoona Opens October 1, 2015 [9/30]
- Bellevue, WA: AMC Loews Factoria 8 Closed Temporarily for Seating Upgrades [9/29]
- Appleton, WI: Marcus Valley Value Cinema Closed [9/24]
- Renton, WA: Regal East Valley 13 Closed, Building Sold to CarMax [9/23]
- Camillus, NY: Movie Tavern Breaks Ground, Plans May 2016 Opening [9/21]
Marcus Theatres announced last week that they will be upgrading three more of their large-screen concept UltraScreen® locations with 3D Digital Cinema Projection systems. The new systems will be installed at the Marcus Hollywood UltraScreen Cinema in Grand Chute, Wisconsin, Marcus West Acres 14 in Fargo, North Dakota, and Marcus Crossroads 12 in Waterloo, Iowa.
When completed, these additions will bring the total number of UltraScreen XL3D screens in Marcus' stable to eleven, which is 85% of its UltraScreen locations.
"In spring, we installed digital 3D at eight of our UltraScreens. The customer response has been outstanding and with an increasing number of 3D films in production, the timing was right to further expand UltraScreen XL3D to three additional theatres," said Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres. "We are one of the select movie theatre exhibitors in the U.S. to provide this industry-leading technology in a large-screen format."
"Our signature UltraScreens enable moviegoers to experience the amazing quality and immersive images of life-like RealD 3D technology shown on a large screen. The continued expansion of digital 3D across our circuit is a key part of our strategy to offer our guests an exceptional movie-going experience," added Olson.
The 3D technology is being provided by RealD, which is one of the major players in the 3D industry. In the other locations, attending a 3D movie in the UltraScreen adds $2 onto the ticket price over a 3D showing in one of the traditional screens. UltraScreen fans end up paying a $4 upcharge for 3D shows, which is nearly 50% more for a matinee and 36% more for evening shows. You can see why Marcus Theatres is so excited about adding 3D to the UltraScreens!
Additional UltraScreen XL3D Locations
Marcus Orland Park Cinemas - Orland Park
Marcus Oakdale Ultrascreen Cinema - Oakdale
Marcus Pickerington Cinemas - Pickerington
Marcus Majestic Brookfield - Waukesha
Marcus North Shore Cinemas - Mequon
Marcus Point UltraScreen Cinema - Madison
Marcus Renaissance Cinema - Sturtevant
Source: Marcus Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.