Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Secretariat 
- Kentucky Theater
Add Your Comments
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
Walt Disney Studios announced today that a special advance screening of the upcoming drama Secretariat starring Diane Lane and John Malkovich will be held on Sunday, October 3, 2010 and the proceeds will benefit the Secretariat Foundation. The screening will take place at the Kentucky Theater in Lexington, Kentucky, and a cocktail reception will follow Lexington’s Portofino Restaurant.
"Secretariat's victories have stirred people's emotions for decades, but with this film, we’ve been swept up again with the incredible story of this horse and its owner, Penny Chenery," said Rich Ross, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. "In reliving Secretariat's extraordinary achievements, we can all appreciate Penny’s passion and determination, and the need to support her efforts on behalf of the Secretariat Foundation."
According to the press release, "The Secretariat Foundation was created by Penny Chenery to serve as a non-profit charitable organization within the Thoroughbred and equine-related industries. Long a supporter of many charities and research programs, Mrs. Chenery named the Foundation after her great champion with a specific purpose - to use Secretariat's enduring appeal to bring greater awareness to the many causes that help horses and the people who care for them."
Tickets to the event start at $125 per person, and include general admission to the screening and cocktail reception. Bumping up to the $250 per person ticket also includes reserved seating at the screening and reception. Tickets can be purchased beginning Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2010, at secretariat.com or by calling 502-893-7997.
The movie opens in theaters nationwide on Friday, October 8th, and select theaters already have showtimes and tickets available for opening day! You can check out the trailer for the movie on the Trailers & Videos page, and photos from the movie should be coming in the next couple of days are available on the Photo Gallery page.
Source: Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.