Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Matthews, NC: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [8/25]
- Groton, CT: Groton Cinema 6 Closed [8/25]
- Anaheim, CA: UltraStar GardenWalk Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Scottsdale, AZ: UltraStar Scottsdale Pavilion 11 Closed [8/24]
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI: Carmike Varsity Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Roanoke, TX: Cinemark Roanoke and XD Now Open [8/14]
- Tulsa, OK: Village Movies 8 Opens Today [7/31]
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
IMAX Corporation and Rave Motion Pictures announced last week that they have reached a deal in which Rave will install 13 IMAX digital theaters at existing Rave locations in Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
According the press release, six installations will be complete by November 2010, and the remaining seven are scheduled to open in early 2011. After all have been installed, Rave will operate a total of 17 IMAX theaters.
"It's very clear that consumers associate the IMAX brand with the best way to go to the movies, and we believe that sentiment fits ideally with the direction and image of the Rave brand," said Tom Stephenson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Rave Cinemas, LLC. "Many factors contributed to our decision to expand our IMAX business, including the ongoing success of Hollywood films in the format, the impressive film slate, and the favorable economics of IMAX's digital projection system."
Three of the four existing Rave IMAX theaters will be converted from film to digital IMAX, which uses dual digital projectors to fill the large IMAX screens. The systems will be able to show both 2D and 3D IMAX presentations.
Rave Motion Pictures operates 61 locations around the United States, making it the fifth largest movie theater chain in the country.
Source: IMAX Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.