Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cobb Theatres - Hollywood 16 & IMAX
- Cobb Theatres - Lakeside 18 & IMAX
- Cobb Theatres - Merritt Square 16
Merritt Island, FL
Add Your Comments
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
- Beloit, WI: Luxury 10 Cinemas Gets New Owner [6/30]
- Independence, MO: Noland Fashion Cinema Closed [6/30]
IMAX Corporation and Cobb Theatres announced yesterday that they have reached a deal that will bring four new IMAX theaters to Alabama and Florida. The first location is scheduled to open in Lakeland, Florida in November 2010, an unspecified location in South Florida in February 2011, Tuscaloosa, Alabama in March 2011, and Merritt Island, Florida in April 2011.
"During the past few years it has become very evident that when a big movie opens, people want to experience it in IMAX," said Robert Cobb, CEO of Cobb Theaters. "The IMAX brand is synonymous with the best movie presentations in 2D and 3D, and these four locations will enable us to offer more premium content to our customers. The favorable economics and program flexibility of IMAX's digital projection system, and the strong recognition and appeal of the IMAX brand makes this relationship a perfect fit for our business."
The new theaters will feature IMAX's digital projection system, which uses dual projectors to fill the large IMAX screen. They will be able to show both 2D and 3D IMAX presentations.
Cobb Theatres currently operates 17 theaters across the country. Some locations feature Cobb's CineBistro concept, which offers in-theater dining to guests in a premium experience.
Source: IMAX Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.