Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Snakes on a Plane 
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar
Add Your Comments
- "Magic Mike XXL" Confirmed for July 3, 2015 Release [4/16]
- "Allegiant" Being Split Into Two Movies [4/11]
- Photos Added for "Noah" - Movie Stills and New York Premiere Red Carpet Photos [3/27]
- New Trailer Added for "Edge of Tomorrow" Starring Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt [3/25]
- Noah Is Not in 3D in the U.S. [3/20]
- New Trailer Added for "Maleficent" [3/18]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Annie" [3/11]
- New Photos Added for "300: Rise of an Empire" [3/7]
- New Trailer for "Godzilla" Now Available [2/25]
- Anchorman 2 Comes Back in R-Rated Version for One Week Starting Feb 28, 2014 [2/22]
Sequels for successful movies are as predictable as the coming of Spring after Winter, and the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has decided to get a jump on things and get some help from fans to determine what the sequel to the upcoming movie Snakes on a Plane should be.
With the launch of the "Blanks on a Blank" filmmaking challenge, they are assigning random animals to random modes of transportation, and asking fans to submit original films based on that title. Submissions must be in by today, so if you're just finding out about this now, warm up that video camera and call in sick to work, because you've got some work to do!
First prize is 2 tickets to the premiere of Snakes on a Plane in Los Angeles, including 2 round trip airfares from any major airport in the continental United States and hotel accomodations for 1 night. Second prize is $500 and third is $250, so they're not kidding around with this contest and wasting everyone's time for no good reason but to waste some time.
You can view the submissions on the web site and they're going to have a special screening of all of the best and highest rated movies from the competition at 10pm on Thursday, August 17th, before leading into a midnight sneak screening of the actual SNAKES ON A PLANE at the Alamo South Lamar. They'll also have a couple of special Austin-only screenings at the Downtown Alamo where the efforts of local competitors can be seen, with a special award ceremony for the Best of Austin.
My personal favorite is "Pigs on a Segway," but the top vote-getter so far is "Fish on a Popemobile." Make your vote count or just wonder at the amount of free time some people have, it's a fun diversion and kudos to the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema for being creative!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.