Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
On July 3, 1985, Back to the Future brought a great mix of comedy, action, and science fiction to the big screen. When Marty got into that converted DeLorean, he took the audience "back in time" to 1955.
It's 25 years later, and the movie is coming out as the Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy on Blu-ray and DVD on October 26th. Yeah, that's a no-brainer, I'll be picking that up on Blu-ray without hesitation!
If you'd like to see the movie again with, say, 200 of your closest friends and/or people you don't know, select AMC theaters will be celebrating the movie's 25th anniversary with a special event, titled Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Re-Release.
150 locations will be showing the movie on Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 12:30pm and Monday, October 25, 2010 at 7:30pm (55 years after the date on which Marty crashed into Peabody's pine tree and started changing the future). To find which theaters have booked this event, go to the Showtimes page for Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Re-Release. Not too many theaters have submitted their showtimes yet, but they should begin coming in very shortly. If you mark the movie as one of your Favorite Movies, that will make it very easy to return from time to time, and purchase your tickets for either Saturday, 10/23 or Monday, 10/25, in advance.
According to the press release by AMC Entertainment, guests who attend these showings will receive a free 25th anniversary poster to commemorate the event, while supplies last. Each theater will have related giveaways prior to the movie. In addition, guests who "like" AMC Theatres on Facebook or who are members of the MovieWatcher network will be eligible to win a Back to the Future Blu-ray Disc or DVD trilogy set.
Are You Planning to See This in the Theater or Will You Buy the Blu-ray Set Instead?
Leave your comments below!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.