Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- $5 Tuesday Promotion Comes to Wehrenberg Theatres [1/16]
- LucasFilm and Disney Will Not Recreate Carrie Fisher's Likeness for "Star Wars: Episode IX" [1/15]
- A Rundown of the Reshoots and Work Done on "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" [1/15]
- An Examination of Iconic and Forgettable Soundtracks in Movies [12/15]
- Hollywood, CA: X-Wing Fighter Parked on Hollywood Boulevard -- Disney and LucasFilm Win All Movie Promo Awards for the Foreseeable Future [12/8]
- Disney World Turning Epcot's Spaceship Earth Into Death Star for "Rogue One" Event - Video Added [12/2]
- Looking Back on "Casino Royale" 10 Years Later [11/17]
- Save $2 on 3 or More Movie Tickets - Good Through 9/25/2016 [9/20]
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
Six children's hospitals in Wisconsin are going to receive a total of nearly $280,000 that has been jointly donated by Marcus Theatres, the National Association of Theatre Owners of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan (NATO), Variety -- The Children's Charity of Wisconsin, Will Rogers Institute, and advertising network Screenvision.
According to the press release issued last week by Marcus Theatres, "the selected hospitals will use the funds for critical state-of-the-art pulmonary care equipment and to fund pulmonary programs for the fragile children in their neonatal intensive care units." The hospitals that will receive the funds are:
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee ($50,000)
- St. Mary's Hospital in Madison ($50,000)
- Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield ($44,000)
- St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay ($49,000)
- Franciscan Skemp La Crosse Hospital ($37,000)
- Gundersen Lutheran Health System in La Crosse ($45,000)
$50,000 of the total was donated by moviegoers during the 'Kids Helping Kids' campaign held this summer at Marcus Theatres locations.
It doesn't say how much each organization contributed to the fund, but perhaps this donation will help lessen the annoyance of sitting through those pre-show ads that are put on the screen by Screenvision. Perhaps just a little...
Source: Marcus Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.