Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- $5 Tuesday Promotion Comes to Wehrenberg Theatres [1/16]
- LucasFilm and Disney Will Not Recreate Carrie Fisher's Likeness for "Star Wars: Episode IX" [1/15]
- A Rundown of the Reshoots and Work Done on "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" [1/15]
- An Examination of Iconic and Forgettable Soundtracks in Movies [12/15]
- Hollywood, CA: X-Wing Fighter Parked on Hollywood Boulevard -- Disney and LucasFilm Win All Movie Promo Awards for the Foreseeable Future [12/8]
- Disney World Turning Epcot's Spaceship Earth Into Death Star for "Rogue One" Event - Video Added [12/2]
- Looking Back on "Casino Royale" 10 Years Later [11/17]
- Save $2 on 3 or More Movie Tickets - Good Through 9/25/2016 [9/20]
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
Are you aware that there's a new version of the 1982 Sci-Fi movie Tron coming out, called Tron: Legacy? If not, Disney is making sure that you will by the time it's released on December 17th, 2010 by engaging in a 10-week marketing push that includes an advance 3D preview in IMAX theaters on October 28th, weekly updates of the official web site, and even a special nighttime street event at Disney California Adventure™ Park.
The advance preview is being called TRON Night: An IMAX 3D Experience, and it will be held at select IMAX 3D theaters around the country. More details should become available tomorrow, October 12th, when free tickets to the event are available. Disney is marketing this event as "the first opportunity to step onto the Grid and into the cutting-edge, 3D world of Walt Disney Pictures' high-tech adventure TRON: Legacy, during an exciting 20-plus-minute sneak peek of the highly anticipated film." They sound very excited!
Select theaters now have showtimes available for opening day and the traditional Midnight screenings the night before, so check out the links below that correspond to the version of the movie you want to see:
If you want to see what all the excitement is about, we've got more than two dozen photos, several video clips and trailers, and lots more information for your viewing pleasure! As the studio starts pumping out the materials, we'll be adding them to these pages, so that you can get just as excited as Disney is about this movie!
Source: Walt Disney Studio Motion Pictures Digital Media Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.