Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Saline, MI: Opening Date for Emagine Saline is March 18, 2017 [2/22]
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
It was announced last week that Marcus Theatres will be installing film-based 3D systems from Technicolor in 15 of its non-digital screens in various locations.
Technicolor 3D uses 35mm projectors to deliver 3D images to moviegoers, with polarized glasses similar to those used in digital 3D systems. A silver screen must be installed, which will work with both film-based 3D and digital 3D systems.
The press release from Technicolor says that it has its systems installed on more than 300 screens in North America. Nine movies have been released in the past in Technicolor 3D, with Jackass 3D currently in theaters, and upcoming releases include Saw 3D, Megamind 3D, and Yogi Bear 3D.
The specific Marcus Theatres locations that will have the new 3D systems installed was not specified. A time-frame for the installations also was not specified. When they are installed, the theaters have the ability to note the Technicolor 3D presentations below the showtimes in our listings.
Source: Technicolor Press Release
Related News Coverage
- Marcus Theatres installing nondigital 3-D systems -- The Business Journal of Milwaukee
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.