Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Century 20 Great Mall
- Century Sparks and XD
- Cinemark Hollywood USA - College Station
College Station, TX
Add Your Comments
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Babylon, NY: Bow Tie Babylon Theater Closed [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
- "Gone with the Wind" Returning to Theaters Ahead of Home Video Release for 75th Anniversary [9/3]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Closed [9/2]
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
Cinemark Holdings, Inc., which does business under the brands of Cinemark, Century Theatres, CinéArts, and Tinseltown, announced earlier this month that it has opened three more of its big-screen concept XD auditoriums in California, Nevada, and Texas.
The new XD-equipped locations include the Century 20 Great Mall in Milpitas, California, the Century Sparks 14 in Sparks, Nevada, and the Cinemark Hollywood USA - College Station in College Station, Texas. All three opened to the public on October 8, 2010.
“Our guests across the country rave about the Cinemark XD experience,” comments Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “The Milpitas location is the fifth XD auditorium to open in Northern California, while the XD auditoriums in our Sparks and College Station locations are the first in those markets.”
The Cinemark XD entertainment environment features large, wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screens, a custom JBL sound system, and Digital Cinema Projection, which is capable of both 2D and RealD 3D presentations.
Along with the upgraded screen, sound system, and projection system, you also get to pay an upgraded price. The Milpitas location, for example, takes an evening adult ticket from $10.50 up to $14.00 when watching a movie in the XD auditorium. Whether that 33% upcharge is worth it is up to each viewer, but one would hope that the presentation is absolutely stunning in order to justify spending the extra money!
According to the press release, these additions bring the total number of XD screens to 26 in fourteen states, including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
To find out which movies are playing in the XD auditorium at each location, just click on the link for the theater above and look for the "XD" notation in the text beneath the showtimes.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Have you attended a movie in an XD auditorium?
The XD expansion has yet to reach our area, so we have yet to experience this ourselves, but we welcome any enhancement to movie theaters that improves the moviegoing experience. Please let others know what you thought of the experience by leaving your comments below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.