Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. announced last week that they are planning to open a new movie theater in Frisco, Texas in December 2010. Back in March, we reported that Cinemark reached an agreement with a development company for a 12-screen location in Frisco Square, scheduled to open later this year.
The press release from Cinemark says that the new facility will be using their "Cinemark NextGen" movie theater design concept to guide the construction and design of the new theater. This concept "will offer the newest technology, cutting edge amenities and customer-preferred options all under one roof."
"At Cinemark, our main focus is to create the best movie-going experience possible for our customers," comments Alan Stock, Cinemark's Chief Executive Officer. "The new Cinemark NextGen theatres represent the next generation in cinema. We have designed an entertainment environment that offers technologically advanced amenities and a movie-watching experience that simply cannot be duplicated."
Every auditorium will feature wall-to-wall screens, a custom JBL sound system, and Digital Cinema Projection capable of both 2D and RealD 3D presentations. One of the auditoriums will be one of their XD (Extreme Digital Experience) configurations, which presumably will build upon the level of equipment in the non-XD auditoriums and kick it up a notch or two.
The new theater will be approximately five miles away from the next closest movie theater, the AMC Stonebriar 24.
Cinemark operates nearly 300 locations in North America under the brands Cinemark, Century Theatres, CinéArts, and Tinseltown.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.