Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: AutoNation IMAX 3D Theater Closed for Renovation - Reopening Scheduled for October 10, 2014 [9/29]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Reopens as AMC Sunrise 8 [9/29]
- Springfield, OR: Discount Cinemark Movies 12 Closing [9/26]
On the Baseball Field Cut from Corn Stalks, Academy Award(R)-Winner and His Band Will Perform as Part of 'Netflix Rolling Roadshow' Movie Screening Tour
LOS GATOS, Calif., Aug. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of the "Netflix Rolling Roadshow" summer screening tour, Netflix, Inc., the world's largest online movie rental service, will bring Academy Award®-winning actor, director and musician Kevin Costner to Dyersville, IA, for the first time since the filming of "Field of Dreams," to perform with his band. The concert will be one of the many highlights of Netflix's unique 10-city movie screening tour, which showcases contemporary classics in the locations they helped make famous.
The performance will take place before the screening of "Field of Dreams" on Friday, August 11 at 7:00 PM (CST) on the Left and Center Field, where a number of the film's most memorable scenes were filmed.
"Returning to the 'Field of Dreams' location to play a concert for Netflix movie fans has special meaning for me," said Mr. Costner. "The movie was significant in my career and the band is an important part of my future." Mr. Costner and his band will play a 75-minute set of original rock and popular music for a crowd of movie fans who will attend the outdoor screening of one of his most popular and enduring films, which was released in 1989. The concert and the screening are open to the public free of charge. More details can be obtained at www.netflix.com/roadshow.
Mr. Costner's acting career spans more than 35 films, including directing and producing credits on more than 15. His favorite movies include "How the West Was Won" and "The Magnificent Seven." In 1990, Mr. Costner was honored with an Academy Award® for Best Director for "Dances with Wolves." His films - which include "The Upside of Anger," "The Untouchables," "The Bodyguard," "JFK," "Bull Durham" and "Field of Dreams" -- are among Netflix's most popular titles. To date, they have collectively rented 2.75 million times. Mr. Costner's most recent DVD release, the romantic comedy "Rumor Has It," has already rented more than 300,000 times since its release on May 9, 2006.
About the 2006 Rolling Roadshow
Taking place throughout the month of August, the "2006 Netflix Rolling Roadshow" will visit such iconic movie locations as Martha's Vineyard where the infamous "Jaws" terrified swimmers, the spooky Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado, which was the inspiration for "The Shining," and the legendary island prison in San Francisco Bay for a cellblock screening of "Escape From Alcatraz." The tour is hosted by singer/songwriter and television personality, Lisa Loeb. Additional information about the tour will be available on www.netflix.com/roadshow
Netflix, Inc. is the world's largest online movie rental service, providing more than five million subscribers access to over 60,000 DVD titles. The company offers a variety of subscription plans, starting at $5.99 a month. There are no due dates, no late fees and no shipping fees. DVDs are delivered for free by the USPS from regional shipping centers located throughout the United States. Netflix can reach more than 90 percent of its subscribers with generally one business-day delivery. Netflix offers personalized movie recommendations to its members and has more than one billion movie ratings. Netflix also allows members to share and recommend movies to one another through its Friends(SM) feature.
Source: Netflix, Inc.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.