Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
It must have been good for them, because they are bringing it back for an encore presentation on Saturday Nov. 6 at 12:30 p.m. local time at 75 theaters in 28 markets! The original show was titled Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Re-Release, but theaters are tagging this encore performance under the main movie's entry instead.
Here are some quotes from the recent press release from AMC Theatres:
“We are pleased to again offer guests a convenient time for families to enjoy this ageless PG-rated movie, creating not only nostalgia for parents but also a new family sharing experience for children,” said Robert J. Lenihan, president of programming at AMC.
“A quarter century after its initial release, BACK TO THE FUTURE remains a beloved cultural touchstone for a generation of moviegoers all over the world,” said Craig Kornblau, president of Universal Studios Home Entertainment. “We are thrilled to again offer new audiences the opportunity to enjoy this timeless, fun-filled action-adventure, with its iconic characters and prolific storytelling, on the big screen with this encore special showing.”
“BACK TO THE FUTURE is a beloved family classic and this is a great opportunity to allow families to come back to the theatre to see this iconic film,” said Nikki Rocco, president of distribution at Universal.
“For our 25th anniversary, BACK TO THE FUTURE has been restored and remastered, and it now looks and sounds even better than it did in 1985,” said Bob Gale, co-creator/co-writer/co-producer of BACK TO THE FUTURE. “In a word, it’s glorious! If you've never experienced it on the big screen with an audience, then you absolutely must attend this special event!”
To buy tickets for this encore presentation, just go to the Showtimes page for the movie on Saturday, November 6th, 2010, and click on the showtime that appears as a link. Unless your car is equipped with a Mr. Fusion, you're probably not going to be able to get tickets at the door, so this is definitely one where you want to order online and save your seat!
If you can't make the show, or you just want to spend more quality time with Marty and Doc Brown, you can pick up the new Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy on Blu-ray and DVD, which were released on October 26th.
Source: AMC Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.