Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Senator Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
According to an article on the web site for CBS-TV WGZ, the theater opened on Friday, October 15, 2010. The Greyhound, the student newspaper of Loyola University Maryland, actually has a better article about the re-opening:
"The Senator is a grand, grand movie palace. It's an Art-Deco gem, and it's a landmark. It's an exceptional facility. It's different than The Charles, which we think is wonderful and chic and cool. But the scale and the grandeur of The Senator really surpasses any other theater in the state," said the new manager of The Senator Theatre.
For the first time in almost two years, The Senator, on York Road, featured a first run movie (just-released film). Over the weekend of Oct. 15, around 1,500 people arrived at The Senator to see comic-based "RED," starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Mary-Louise Parker. Kathleen Cusack, the new co-operator of The Senator, said the re-opening was "very exciting, and people couldn't have been nicer or more enthusiastic."
Cusack is the daughter of James "Buzz" Cusack, with whom she owns and operates The Charles Theater. As managers of The Charles, the Cusacks already have a tested formula for movie-house success.
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.