Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Marina, CA: Century Marina and XD Opens [10/8]
- Carmike Cinemas Acquires Sundance Cinemas, LLC. [10/7]
- Burbank, CA: An Overview of the "Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime" at the AMC Burbank 16 [10/7]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium Theatre Reopens as 5-Screen Luxury Movie Theater [10/5]
- Washington, DC: Landmark Atlantic Plumbing Cinema to Open October 15, 2015 [10/5]
- San Diego, CA: Angelika Film Center & Cafe to Open October 9, 2015 [10/2]
- La Jolla, CA: Movies Come to The LOT [10/2]
- Rochester, MN: Wehrenberg Rochester Galaxy 14 Cine Getting IMAX, Losing Mega Screen [9/30]
- Duncansville, PA: Carmike 12 - Altoona Opens October 1, 2015 [9/30]
- Bellevue, WA: AMC Loews Factoria 8 Closed Temporarily for Seating Upgrades [9/29]
In June 2010, the AMC Magic Johnson Crenshaw 15 in Los Angeles, California closed for a makeover that included stadium seating, new amenities, digital technology, 3D screens, new decor, and a new operator. At the time of the announcement (read the Journal Article), the identity of the new operator was not disclosed, but on Monday, that operator has been identified as Rave Motion Pictures.
Rave Motion Pictures currently operates the Rave Motion Pictures 18 (formerly The Bridge) in Los Angeles, as well as 60 other locations in 30 states. The remodeled theater will feature stadium seating, new amenities, digital cinema projection systems capable of 3D presentations, and a new decor. Opening day is scheduled for Memorial Day 2011.
“Rave Motion Pictures will make a fantastic addition to Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza,” said Ken Lombard, President of Capri Urban Investors, LLC and Partner of Capri Capital Partners, LLC. “They understand Los Angeles, the urban marketplace, and have an absolute commitment to delivering the best movie experience you’ll find anywhere.”
“We are extremely impressed with Capri’s commitment to turn Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza into a Class-A retail center,” said Thomas W. Stephenson, Jr., President and CEO of Rave Motion Pictures. “We look forward to being part of the new plans at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza, and are proud to be the first major upgrade of many more to come for the center.”
Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza is currently undergoing an extensive renovation, which is scheduled to be completed before the 2011 holiday shopping season.
Source: Capri Urban Investors, LLC Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.