Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Edwards Valencia Stadium 12
- Regal Atlantic Station Stadium 16
- Regal Majestic 20
Silver Spring, MD
- Regal St. Louis Mills Stadium 18
Add Your Comments
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
- Saint Charles, IL: Improvements Coming to Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 [2/26]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Coming to Foothills Mall [2/26]
- Glen Burnie, MD: UA Marley Station 8 Closed [2/26]
- Willoughby Hills, OH: Big Cinemas Phoenix Willoughby Hills Closed [2/24]
- Ridgefield, CT: Prospector Theater Offers Movies Ahead of Its Opening [2/24]
- Largo, FL: AMC Tri-City 8 Closed January 19, 2014 [2/17]
Regal Entertainment Group announced this week that four locations will be opening IMAX screens in time for the holiday movie season. The Edwards Valencia Stadium 12 in Valencia, California and Regal Majestic 20 in Silver Spring, Maryland will open their IMAX screens in November, and the Regal Atlantic Station Stadium 16 in Atlanta, Georgia and the Regal St. Louis Mills Stadium 18 in Hazelwood, Missouri will start delivering "The IMAX Experience" in December.
The new installations will use IMAX Digital Projection systems capable of 2D and 3D presentations, and a special screen that will be installed in an existing auditorium. This is an approach that IMAX started doing a few years ago and has seen a rapid growth in the number of IMAX screens as a result. It is also an approach that caused some uproar last summer when television and movie actor Aziz Ansari (Parks & Recreation, I Love You Man) ranted about a lackluster showing of Star Trek: The IMAX Experience in a converted IMAX auditorium. This is not to say that the screens in these new IMAX installations will be equally unimpressive and un-IMAX-like, but since the press release doesn't mention any screen sizes, we'll have to wait to hear from personal reports about how "maximum the experience" is at the theaters.
“Regal Entertainment Group has embraced the IMAX brand. Together we have provided premium experiences to our patrons for more than a decade. Our moviegoers appreciate the groundbreaking technology that transforms movies into entertainment events not to be missed,” stated Greg Dunn, President and Chief Operating Officer for Regal Entertainment Group. “We’re very pleased to add the IMAX Experience to four more theatres during the busy holiday movie season. The impressive IMAX sound system and amazing images make audiences feel as if they are in the movie, for an extraordinary movie experience.”
Regal Cinemas is the largest movie theater chain in the world. Operating 542 locations in 38 states under the brands of Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres, and Edwards Theatres.
Source: Regal Entertainment Group Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.