Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Apple Valley Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks to Open in 2016 [11/11]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Movie Bistro and XD Now Open [11/10]
- La Quinta, CA: Century La Quinta and XD Now Open [11/6]
The Apple Valley Cinemas in Smithfield, Rhode Island has closed unexpectedly, and an eviction notice has been placed on the door, according to an article on the web site for WPRI Eyewitness News:
The Apple Valley Cinema in Smithfield was suddenly shut down this week for unpaid rent, a lawyer said Wednesday.
An eviction noticed was posted on the movie theater's doors, following a lawsuit by the owners of the Apple Valley Mall.
Click the Read link below to view the full article and to watch the newscast about the theater's closure.
A call to the theater's message number was automatically forwarded to the East Providence 10 in Rumford, and the person there said that he was not sure if the Apple Valley Cinemas would re-open or not. The web site for Cinema Holdings Group, Inc. (the owner of the closed theater) no longer lists the Smithfield location, so that's not a good sign for those hoping the theater will re-open quickly.
For the time being, we have removed the showtimes for this theater that we had, but we haven't deactivated the theater entirely while this all shakes out.
Moviegoers in Smithfield do have other options. There are ten theaters within ten miles of the Apple Valley Cinemas, so take a look at the list and find a theater near you!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.