Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Edge 14
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
The Regal Rivergate Cinema 14 in Macon, Georgia closed in August 2010, but it now has a new owner and is nearly done with a $1 million renovation effort, and it re-opened to the public the day before Thanksgiving as The Edge 14.
Naos Entertainment took over the theater shortly after it closed and gutted the lobby, moved the concessions area, and installed new seats, according to an article in The Telegraph:
Eight of the theater's fourteen screens are currently operating, and the article mentions that the other six are being converted to stadium seating and will open in the coming months.
In addition to the new seats, one big change that people will notice immediately upon entering the theater is that tickets are now sold at the concession stand, allowing for buying tickets and treats in one stop.
In other theaters, this arrangement usually increases the number of people who buy concessions (you're already paying for a ticket, so selling concessions is more effective), but some moviegoers have complained about long wait times to buy tickets when things get busy and lots of people are buying concessions. Time will tell if this is an effective approach for this theater.
Naos Entertainment now owns three theaters in Alabama and Georgia.
Have You Attended the New Edge 14?
We would like to hear about your experience at the new theater. Go to the Reader Comments page for The Edge 14 and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.