Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
- Frank Theatres Announces 2016 Summer Kids Series [5/27]
- Free Kids Movies at Cobb Theatres This Summer [5/27]
- Kid-Friendly Movies at Georgia Theatre Company Locations This Summer [5/27]
- $2 Movies at Malco Theatres' Kids Summer Film Fest Benefits Children's Hospitals [5/27]
- Free Movies at Bow Tie Cinemas During Summer Kids Series 2016 [5/27]
- Harkins Theatres Offers 2016 "Summer Movie Fun" Series - 10 Movies, 10 Weeks, Less than $1 Per Movie [5/26]
- Summer Kids' Flicks at Southern Theatres Locations [5/26]
Marcus Theatres announced this week that it has reached an agreement to purchase 10 acres in Green Oak, Illinois for a planned movie theater. The land is near the intersection of I-94 and Route 176 in the Northern Chicago suburb, near the Lambs Farm campus, which is visible from the freeway.
In the press release, Marcus Theatres is planning to build a movie theater with up to 15 screens featuring Digital Cinema projection systems and 2,400 seats, including one of their 70-foot wide UltraScreens. The movie theater will be part of a mixed-use development that will include retailers and restaurants.
No date is mentioned of when construction might begin or when the theater may open:
“We are currently in the process of due diligence and planning and will announce design elements and amenities when all of the details are finalized. We look forward to offering the latest in innovative technology, state-of-the-art amenities and the latest Hollywood films to residents throughout the area. The new entertainment complex will draw upon our experience in integrating food and beverage service into our existing theatres, as well as creating an entertainment destination that will attract people from throughout northern Illinois,” Olson said.
The new theater will face some strong competition, with seven theaters located within 10 miles of its location, including the Regal Lincolnshire Stadium 21 & IMAX. The Marcus Gurnee Cinemas is just six miles away as the crow flies, and there are 8 screens in each of two AMC theaters nearby as well.
Marcus Theatres is a division of The Marcus Corporation, and is the sixth largest movie theater chain in the United States. They currently own and/or operate 55 locations in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Source: Marcus Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.