Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Trademark Cinemas - Movies at Jefferson
Yorktown Heights, NY
Add Your Comments
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: AutoNation IMAX 3D Theater Closed for Renovation - Reopening Scheduled for October 10, 2014 [9/29]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Reopens as AMC Sunrise 8 [9/29]
- Springfield, OR: Discount Cinemark Movies 12 Closing [9/26]
- Florence, OR: Florence Cinemas Reopens as City Lights Cinemas [9/26]
- Yuma, AZ: Main Street Cinemas Closed [9/24]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Babylon, NY: Bow Tie Babylon Theater Closed [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
The Trademark Cinemas - Movies at Jefferson in Yorktown Heights, New York closed on November 29, 2010. The Journal News web site mentions that the reason for closing was that the Jefferson Valley Mall's owner would not renew the theater's lease:
David Clifford, chief executive officer of Trademark Cinemas, said the mall's owner, Simon Properties, would not renew his company's lease.
"We'd been trying to get them to do a long-term lease for a long time, and they would not do that," he said.
In a statement, mall management did not comment on the reasons for the theater's closing but said it remained committed to a mix of retail, food and entertainment options. That includes beginning the search for a new theater operator.
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
Trademark Cinemas took over operations at the theater in 2006 after it was closed that same year by previous owner Regal Entertainment Group.
Moviegoers in Yorktown Heights will need to travel to other towns to see the latest releases, but the good news is that they have eight theaters within 15 miles from which to choose.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.