Remove ads with our VIP Service
- iPic Theaters at Scottsdale Quarter
Add Your Comments
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: AutoNation IMAX 3D Theater Closed for Renovation - Reopening Scheduled for October 10, 2014 [9/29]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Reopens as AMC Sunrise 8 [9/29]
- Springfield, OR: Discount Cinemark Movies 12 Closing [9/26]
- Florence, OR: Florence Cinemas Reopens as City Lights Cinemas [9/26]
- Yuma, AZ: Main Street Cinemas Closed [9/24]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Babylon, NY: Bow Tie Babylon Theater Closed [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
Luxurious moviegoing experiences are in store for people in the Scottsdale, Arizona area on December 17th, 2010, when the IPic Theaters at Scottsdale Quarter opens to the public.
The new 8-screen theater will offer luxurious amenities that start with seats much better than can be found in most movie theaters, and that you can reserve ahead of time to save exactly the seat you prefer, and ends with choices of food that include gourmet popcorn and flat breads, salads and desserts, as well as cocktails, draft beer, wine, and champagne.
According to the new theater's web site, two different seating options will be offered: Gold Class and Premium. Gold Class seating includes regular popcorn and valet parking, blankets, pillows, extra comfortable reserved seats that recline, waiter service at your seat, and no internet booking fees. Premium seating includes valet parking and reserved comfortable oversized leather seats that are extra wide.
"What makes the IPic experience unique is the additional activities and amenities we offer, making a night at the movies truly customizable for each and every movie lover," said Hamid Hashemi, president and CEO of IPic Entertainment, which recently acquired the Gold Class Cinemas chain in the United States. "Our guests can enjoy their favorite movie in a relaxing and comfortable setting, with the option to come early for a great dining experience before or during the movie or to stay late and enjoy the theater's after-hours ultra lounge, Salt."
The theater broke ground in July, and according to a press release issued on October 15, 2010, it will also offer the following amenities:
- Stadium seating with 54-inch row spacing to offer all guests unobstructed views of the screen
- Two choices for seating: Premium seating featuring custom designed 30" wide leather seats and Gold Class seating featuring custom recliners with foot rests, food-and-beverage service throughout film as well as complimentary popcorn and valet parking
- The latest digital projection and Dolby 7.1 channel sound for a state-of-the-art viewing experience
- Digital 3D capability in all auditoriums
- Reserved seating for specific seat selection when purchasing tickets
- IPic "Movie Express" kiosks for fully automated ticket purchasing
- Great food and bar service during the cinema experience in the Gold Class section
- Salt Ultra Lounge, a hip, stylish pre- or post-movie meeting place
- Member loyalty program offering a discount to purchase tickets on-line
- Theaters and digital films equipped for the sight- and hearing-impaired
To round out an experience that is a cut above standard movie theaters, the IPic will not show on-screen ads before the movie starts.
As part of their Grand Opening, they are offering a free movie ticket for anyone that signs up for their Membership Program. Click here to complete the signup form.
Ticket prices have not been announced yet, but don't expect to pay the same price as your local multiplex.
We expect to have their showtimes listed in the next couple of days, so watch their Showtimes page for updates!
IPic Theaters at Scottsdale Quarter is owned/operated by IPic - Gold Class Entertainment which operates seven other locations in California, Illinois, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. IPic Entertainment purchased the Gold Class Cinemas chain from Village Roadshow Limited in September.
Source: IPic Entertainment Press Release, IPic Theaters web site
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.