Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Century Redwood Downtown 20 and XD
Redwood City, CA
- Century at Tanforan
San Bruno, CA
- Century Walnut Creek 14
Walnut Creek, CA
Add Your Comments
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
- Frank Theatres Announces 2016 Summer Kids Series [5/27]
- Free Kids Movies at Cobb Theatres This Summer [5/27]
- Kid-Friendly Movies at Georgia Theatre Company Locations This Summer [5/27]
- $2 Movies at Malco Theatres' Kids Summer Film Fest Benefits Children's Hospitals [5/27]
- Free Movies at Bow Tie Cinemas During Summer Kids Series 2016 [5/27]
- Harkins Theatres Offers 2016 "Summer Movie Fun" Series - 10 Movies, 10 Weeks, Less than $1 Per Movie [5/26]
- Summer Kids' Flicks at Southern Theatres Locations [5/26]
Cinemark opened more of its bigscreen concept XD auditoriums in Redwood City, San Bruno, and Walnut Creek, California at the end of November, according to a press release issued by Cinemark Holdings, Inc. on November 22, 2010.
The new Extreme Digital Cinema auditoriums at the Century 20 Downtown Redwood City in Redwood City, California, the Century at Tanforan in San Bruno, California and the Century 14 Downtown Walnut Creek in Walnut Creek, California.
“The Cinemark XD auditoriums have become very popular with our customers across the nation, especially in Northern California. Now, we have the ability to share this new experience with our valued guests in three more cities,” comments Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “Our XD auditoriums offer the perfect entertainment environment to enjoy this year’s terrific holiday film line-up.”
The Cinemark XD entertainment environment features large, wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screens, a custom JBL sound system, and Digital Cinema Projection, which is capable of both 2D and RealD 3D presentations.
Along with the upgraded screen, sound system, and projection system, you also get to pay an upgraded price. The Redwood City location, for example, takes an evening adult ticket from $10.50 up to $14.50 when watching a movie in the XD auditorium on a Friday or Saturday night. Whether that 38% upcharge is worth it is up to each viewer, but one would hope that the presentation is absolutely stunning in order to justify spending the extra money!
According to the press release, these additions bring the total number of XD screens to 37 in fifteen states, including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
To find out which movies are playing in the XD auditorium at each location, just click on the link for the theater above and look for the "XD" notation in the text beneath the showtimes.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Have you attended a movie in an XD auditorium?
The XD expansion has yet to reach our area, so we have yet to experience this ourselves, but we welcome any enhancement to movie theaters that improves the moviegoing experience. Please let others know what you thought of the experience by leaving your comments below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.