Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cinemark Towne Centre
Add Your Comments
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
The Cinemark Towne Centre in Conway, Arkansas will open Friday, December 17, 2010, on the site of the former Cinemark Cinema 6, which was closed in February and demolished to make way for the new theater. Construction began in March, and at the time, the opening was scheduled for November, so they weren't too far off the mark.
According to Cinemark's web site, the new theater now has 12 screens (6 more than before), with stadium seating and digital cinema projection in all auditoriums. An unspecified number of those are also capable of RealD 3D projection. One of the auditoriums will be Cinemark's bigscreen-concept XD (Extreme Digital) setup, which provides for a larger screen, upgraded sound, and a ticket upcharge to go with it.
They are offering some grand opening promotions this weekend, including:
- The first 50 people each day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of opening weekend will receive a Free Cinemark Goody Bag.
- Look for Free Popcorn coupons in the Log Cabin Democrat and the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.
- Radio Station appearances with FREE movie prizes:
|Friday, Dec. 17|
|7pm-9pm||Alice 107.7 FM|
|Saturday, Dec. 18|
Win Free Movies for a Year
We expect to have showtimes for the new theater soon, so that you can make your plans to visit the new theater and take in all that it has to offer. Keep an eye on their Showtimes page for that info!
If you go to this new theater, please leave your impressions on the Reader Comments page for the Cinemark Town Centre. Share your views on what they're doing right, and what might need some more work, so that your fellow readers know what to expect when they go!
Source: Cinemark Web Site
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.