Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Star Fitchburg 18 & IMAX
- Star Cinema - IMAX Madison
- Marcus Green Bay East
Green Bay, WI
- Hilldale Theatre
- Marcus Eastgate Cinema
- Marcus South Towne
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
Pat Schneider of The Capitol Times is reporting that Marcus Theatres is planning a 1,484-seat cinema complex in the Tradewinds Business Centre, which is located on Madison's southeast side (view map of area).
In nearby Monona, the company also operates South Towne Cinemas, which will be closed later this year, said Carlo Petrick, communications manager for Marcus.
Petrick characterized the proposed 12-screen stadium-style cinema, with room to add three screens, as a medium-sized complex. He said no construction date has yet been set.
Before you sell your house and move just to be close to a new movie theater, keep in mind that such developments can take a long time to begin construction, and some don't get built at all due to a variety of factors.
Back on August 4, 2004, Marcus Theatres announced plans to build a new 14-screen theater in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The groundbreaking for the 12-screen theater (note the screen count change) was held on May 25, 2006 (view story). A planned location in East Troy, Wisconsin, which was announced in December 2004, has yet to progress past the planning stages. This is not unusual in the commercial construction business, and is by no means unique to Marcus Theatres.
The proposed theater will be located in an area that is easily accessible from the beltline, and once the South Towne Cinema is closed, the closest movie theaters will be the Marcus Eastgate six miles away on the Northeast side of town, the Hilldale Theatre (almost eight miles away), and the Star Cinema in Fitchburg (just over eight miles to the West).
The strongest competition will come from the Star Cinema location, with its 14 screens, including an IMAX screen and four THX-certified screens. Marcus does not have any IMAX installations, and discontinued its THX certifications a couple of years ago.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.