Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cinemark Frisco Square and XD
Add Your Comments
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
The Cinemark Frisco Square in Frisco, Texas will open tomorrow, December 17, 2010, according to a press release issued by Cinemark yesterday. The new theater is located at 5655 Frisco Square Boulevard, and boasts twelve auditoriums with stadium seating, digital cinema projection systems, and 7.1-channel digital sound systems.
The new theater will also feature one of Cinemark's XD Extreme Digital Cinema auditoriums, which features a wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screen, plush seating, and a custom JBL sound system for an upgraded experience for those willing to pay the upcharge that comes with it. The XD auditorium will be able to play 2D and RealD 3D presentations.
“At Cinemark, our main focus is to create the best movie-going experience possible for our customers,” comments Alan Stock, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “This new concept movie theatre is the first of its kind and represents the next generation in cinema. We have designed an entertainment environment that offers technologically advanced amenities and a viewing experience that simply cannot be duplicated. The new Cinemark Frisco Square theatre will be a great venue to enjoy this holiday season’s highly-anticipated movies such as “Tron: Legacy 3D,” “True Grit,” “Yogi Bear” and “Little Fockers.”
The theater will be holding special promotional events this weekend. There will be radio station appearances with opportunities to win movie tickets on Friday and Saturday. The first 100 customers on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will receive Cinemark gift bags, filled with movie t-shirts, hats and posters. On Saturday, TV actor Ty Treadway will be on hand from 1-3pm to promote food and clothing donations to Frisco Family Services.
We have showtimes for opening weekend on the theater's Showtimes page, so head on over and check out what movies they'll be playing and when. If you go to this new theater, please leave your impressions on the Reader Comments page for the Cinemark Frisco Square. Share your views on what they're doing right, and what might need some more work, so that your fellow readers know what to expect when they go!
Source: Cinemark Press Release, Cinemark Web Site
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.