Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- GTC Pooler Stadium Cinemas 12
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
The GTC Pooler Stadium Cinemas 12 in Pooler, Georgia opened to the public on December 10, 2010. Construction on what was originally a 10-screen theater began earlier this year, and the opening was originally planned for Thanksgiving, according to an article in The Savannah Tribune:
“Due to an increase in market demand, we have decided to open with a 12- screen theatre instead of the originally announced 10- screen complex,” added [Aubrey Stone, President of Georgia Theatre Company]. “We believe the Pooler area deserves to have what will be the largest movie theatre in all of Coastal Georgia. We will have all of the latest Dolby stereo audio and Christie visual equipment with all digital projectors including multiple 3D auditoriums.”
The new theater features digital cinema projection systems and digital sound in all theaters, with 3D capability as well (using MasterImage 3D equipment). They have plans for an additional two screens in the future.
Georgia Theatre Company operates the GTC Pooler Stadium Cinemas 12, as well as 28 other locations in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia.
Source: GTC web site, The Savannah Tribune
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.