Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Avatar 
- Avatar: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Avatar in 3D 
- Avatar: Special Edition 
- Avatar Special Edition: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Avatar: Special Edition in 3D 
Add Your Comments
- High-Def Digest Previews the Sony UBP-X1000ES Ultra HD Blu-ray Player [9/29]
- OPPO Digital Confirms Upcoming Ultra HD Blu-ray Player [9/26]
- Sony Announces 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for Spring 2017 Release [9/15]
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
Panasonic is now offering a free copy of Avatar 3D on Blu-ray when you purchase their Panasonic DMP-BDT100 Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Player through March 26, 2011.
Panasonic scored an exclusive deal with 20th Century Fox to be the sole source of what is arguably the best example of 3D in a movie, ever, and they have been bundling the movie with purchases of 3D-equipped televisions (along with the player and a set of glasses). The Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses) is available on Amazon for about $275, so fans of the movie that want to get their 3D fix without buying a TV or glasses they might not need have resorted to buying copies on eBay for large sums.
When put into that perspective, buying a $160 Blu-ray player to get the movie is the cheapest way for someone to see blue people on their non-Panasonic 3D setups. If you're one of those people, head on over to Amazon now and pick up your player right now! Panasonic is saying that you'll be floating amongst the mountains of Pandora in 8-12 weeks after sending in the rebate form and required materials.
Lest you think that you're getting flim-flammed into buying a substandard Blu-ray player, Panasonic's players have a very good reputation as being stable, reliable, and producing some of the best Blu-ray and DVD pictures out there. The DMP-BDT100 is an entry-level unit, so you're not going to find built-in WiFi, multi-channel analog outputs, or multiple HDMI outputs, but you are going to be hard pressed to find all those features in another 3D Blu-ray player at this price.
To order your 3D Blu-ray player and print out a copy of the rebate form, click on the link below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.