Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Social Network 
Add Your Comments
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Denon Announces AVR-X6200W Network A/V Receiver [9/30]
Gift shop merchant Amazon.com has the Facebook movie The Social Network available for a pre-order price of $16.99 for the Blu-ray edition, which is 51% off the $34.99 list price. The DVD is priced at $12.99, which saves you 55%.
It's going to be released next Tuesday, January 11, 2011 on Blu-ray, DVD, and Amazon Video on Demand:
According to a press release issued today by Sony Pictures Entertainment, The Social Network has grossed more than $93 million in the US and $104 million overseas, and will pass the $200 million mark in the next few days.
Jeff Blake, Chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures commented on the announcement:
The Social Network has struck a chord with audiences all around the world. No invention defines our era like Facebook does, but what has made it break through as a motion picture is that it is a parable for our time. Everyone, everywhere, can relate to the human motivations of the real-life people who are depicted in the film. At the box office, this film showed true staying power, grossing more than four times its opening weekend gross – a rare accomplishment when the average for wide releases last year was below three times its opening weekend gross. It is always a great feeling to see a film connect with moviegoers, but this film is incredibly special to us – we are as proud of it as any film in our studio's history.
For more information about the movie, please see our Information Page, which contains links to a collection of 24 photos from the movie, videos and trailers, the official web site, and more.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.