Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cobb Theatres - Plaza Cinema Cafe
Add Your Comments
- Elko, NV: Elko Movie Theaters Change Owners [2/27]
- 2017 Academy Award Winners [2/27]
- Saline, MI: Opening Date for Emagine Saline is March 18, 2017 [2/22]
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
Cobb Theatres has acquired the Plaza Cinema Cafe in Orlando, Florida, according to a press release issued by the company on December 22, 2010. The acquisition happened on December 10th, and the company was quick to upgrade the theater so that all twelve screens now feature Digital Cinema Projection systems, with four capable of RealD 3D presentations.
"With the holiday movie season in full swing, we acted quickly to enhance the movie-going experience for our customers in Orlando," said Jeremy Welman chief operating officer, Cobb Theatres. "Our goal is to provide an entertainment destination that includes the highest-quality audio and visual presentation for our theater guests. Every day."
Located in The Plaza in downtown Orlando, the Cobb Plaza Cinema Cafe provides luxury amenities, an expanded concession menu, a full dining menu, and two wine bars. The theater was opened by Orlando Movie Co. and American Theatre Corp. on May 29, 2009, and at the time, it was reported to be the first movie theater in downtown Orlando in decades. RP Realty Partners took over management in December 2009.
Cobb Theatres now operates 18 locations in Alabama, Colorado, Florida, and Virginia, with two locations opening soon in Virginia and Georgia.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.