Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Regal Continental 10
- Regal Cinemas Fox Run Stadium 15
- Regal Cinemas Everett Mall Stadium 16
- Regal Cinemas The Landing Stadium 14
Add Your Comments
- Ames, IA: Cinemark North Grand 5 Closed [4/23]
- Yulee, FL: Carmike Cinemas to Build 10-Screen Theater [4/22]
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
Regal Entertainment Group announced this week that it was adding big-screen concept RPX (Regal Premium ExperienceSM) installations in theaters in Colorado, New Hampshire, and Washington. All will be conversions of existing auditoriums, and construction will begin this month and they are planned to be ready for the public before the end of March 2011.
The locations receiving these RPX installations are:
- Regal Continental 10 - Denver, Colorado
- Regal Cinemas Fox Run Stadium 15 - Newington, New Hampshire
- Regal Cinemas Everett Mall Stadium 16 - Everett, Washington (Seattle)
- Regal Cinemas The Landing Stadium 14 - Renton, Washington (Seattle)
Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 in Times Square was the first location for
RPX: Regal Premium Experience. (Graphic: Regal Entertainment Group)
RPX installations boast larger screens, upgraded sound systems, luxurious seating, and digital cinema projection equipment capable of 2D and 3D presentations.
"The Regal Premium Experience is a world-class entertainment environment," stated Greg Dunn, President and Chief Operating Officer for Regal Entertainment Group. "RPX delivers the very best presentation with crystal clear pictures on a giant screen and a custom-built sound system. Our patrons will clearly see the difference when they choose the Regal Premium Experience. Regal is eager to continually expand the number of locations offering premium experiences like RPX."
Regal's first RPX locations were launched in May 2010 at the Regal E-Walk 13 in New York City (read the Journal article) and at the Regal Kendall Village Stadium 16 in Miami (read the Journal article), and those were followed by September announcements of new locations in Atlanta, Boston, and Greenville, South Carolina, and another in November which announced six more locations in Seattle, Anchorage, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Philadelphia.
RPX is just one of several big-screen concepts (more or less in the same vein as IMAX) that have been introduced by theater chains hoping to differentiate themselves from the competition, as well as bring in some additional revenue by charging a premium for what they consider to be a premium experience. For example, the Regal Fenway 13 in Boston charges $11.50 for an adult evening ticket. That price goes up to $15.00 if you want to see the same movie in the RPX screen, which is 30% more!
What Do You Think About This?
Have you seen a movie at an RPX screen? Does it compare to watching a movie at the nearby IMAX? We'd love to hear your viewpoint, so please leave your comments below!
Sources: Regal Entertainment Group Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.