Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Hippodrome Widescreen Cinema and Performing Arts Center
Add Your Comments
- Miami, FL: CMX - Brickell City Centre Now Open [4/26]
- Riverhead, NY: Movie Theater Proposed for Riverhead Plaza [4/26]
- Scranton, PA: Iron Horse Movie Bistro Opening April 28, 2017 [4/25]
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
The Terrace Hippodrome Widescreen movie theater in Charleston, South Carolina has changed owners and will be re-opening as the Hippodrome Widescreen Cinema and Performing Arts Center. This news comes from an article that was published January 6, 2011 in The Post and Courier:
A local film producer and an attorney are buying the Concord Street venue from two local businessmen who made a run at trying to make the 426-seat former IMAX theater successful over the past 18 months.
Film production company owner Lonnie Knight, owner of Knight Vision Productions, and local attorney Akim Anastopoulo are set to close on the 18,000-square-foot building today. They hope to transform the struggling waterfront business into a multipurpose venue.
They are even changing the name from the Terrace Hippodrome to Hippodrome Widescreen Cinema and Performing Arts Center.
Cinema patrons still will be able to take in a movie on the 75-foot-wide screen, but they also will be treated to special events, such as live performers and bands.
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
The new owners are intending to show first-run movies, but we don't have any schedule information from them yet. Keep an eye on the Showtimes page for the theater for updates when we get them.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.