Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cinemark Huntington Mall
Add Your Comments
- Miami, FL: CMX - Brickell City Centre Now Open [4/26]
- Riverhead, NY: Movie Theater Proposed for Riverhead Plaza [4/26]
- Scranton, PA: Iron Horse Movie Bistro Opening April 28, 2017 [4/25]
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
The Cinemark Huntington Mall in Barboursville, West Virginia will open on June 24, 2009, according to a press release issued by Cinemark today.
The 12-screen theater replaces the Carmike Huntington Mall 6, which closed in 2006 and was demolished in 2008 to make way for this new venue.
You can find showtimes, contact numbers, and other information for the theater by visiting their Information page.
The full press release appears below.
Related News Articles
- Cinemark Returns Movies to Huntington Mall - huntingtonnews.net
- Movie theater to open at Huntington Mall - Huntington Herald-Dispatch
CINEMARK ANNOUNCES NEW 12-SCREEN THEATRE IN BARBOURSVILLE, WV
June 19, 2009, Plano, Texas… Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), the world’s second largest motion picture exhibitor, will open a 12-screen movie theatre in Barboursville, West Virginia on Wednesday, June 24th, 2009, in time for the launch of the summer blockbuster release Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen.
The new Cinemark Huntington Mall Theatre will offer digital and 3-D capabilities, stadium-seating, online ticketing, and a self-serve concession stand providing favorite candy brands, freshly popped popcorn and Coca-Cola fountain drinks. In addition, premium concession items will be available including Dreyer’s hand-dipped ice cream, Vitaminwater, Icee frozen beverages, nachos, pretzels and Kettle Korn.
“The Huntington Mall has been without a theatre for several years and the time is right to bring movies and entertainment back to the area,” says James Meredith, Vice President of Marketing for Cinemark USA, Inc. “Cinemark is committed to bringing our customers the best movie-going experience possible.” In the weeks ahead, movie-goers will be able to see some of Hollywood’s hottest new releases, including Transformers 2, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs in 3-D, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and G.I. Joe. “
The theatre’s stadium-seating auditoriums will allow patrons to enjoy unobstructed views from plush, high-backed rocking seats featuring a 16-inch height difference between each row. Spacing of 48 inches between each aisle will give movie-goers more leg room and ample space to enter and exit their row without disturbing other guests. With digital and 3-D capabilities, customers will also be able to enjoy the latest Hollywood blockbusters the way they were meant to be seen.
Online ticketing available at www.cinemark.com will make it easy for patrons to purchase tickets in advance from the comfort of their home or office. Customers can then bypass lines at the box office and go directly to a kiosk in the theatre lobby, where they may print their own tickets using a confirmation number given at the time of purchase. The kiosk also allows ticket purchases via a major credit card or Cinemark gift card. Customers can also sign up to receive weekly e-mails directly from Cinemark which include “Now Showing” and “Coming Soon” films, concession stand promotions, advance ticket announcements and special events information.
Several pre-grand opening activities are planned including a special VIP Night, Tuesday, June 23rd. The evening will feature free movies, popcorn and soft drinks.
About Cinemark Holdings, Inc.
Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark is the world’s second largest exhibitor in the theatrical exhibition industry. As of March 31, 2009, Cinemark operates 420 theatres and 4,846 screens in 39 states in the United States and internationally in 12 countries, mainly in Mexico, South and Central America.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.