Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Batman Begins 
- Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience 
- Batman Returns 
- The Dark Knight Rises 
- The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience 
- The Dark Knight 
- Love and Other Drugs 
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
Warner Bros. Pictures announced this week that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. If you're familiar with the Batman universe, you'll know that Selina Kyle turns into Catwoman, a role that has been played previously by Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns. Christian Bale will be reprising his role of Bruce Wayne/Batman for this sequel to 2008's The Dark Knight.
Christopher Nolan is quoted as saying "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story." Hathaway was most recently in Love and Other Drugs with Jake Gyllenhaal.
While Hathaway may not be an obvious choice, she may have just the right blend of sensuality and attitude to make the character her own, depending on the direction that Nolan takes with her character. After all, Maggie Gyllenhaal would never have been my choice for Rachel in The Dark Knight, but she took her character and made everyone forget about Mrs. Tom Cruise pretty quickly.
Also joining the cast is Tom Hardy to play bad-guy Bane. "I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies," said Nolan.
The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters on Friday, July 20th, 2012, a long 546 days from now. Until then, I suggest you add the movie to your Favorite Movies list and be glad for the fact that we have Batman Begins and The Dark Knight available on Blu-ray to enjoy in the meantime!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.