Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Airplane! 
Add Your Comments
- Stafford, VA: Regal Aquia 10 Closed [10/21]
- Brooklyn, NY: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Downtown Brooklyn Opening October 28, 2016 [10/19]
- Kapolei, HI: Luxury Movie Theater Opening at Ka Makana Ali'i on October 21, 2016 [10/17]
- J.K. Rowling Says There Will Be Five "Fantastic Beasts" Movies [10/13]
- Oak Brook, IL: AMC Oakbrook Center 12 Opens [10/13]
- Abingdon, VA: Moonlite Drive-In Theatre Plans Revival [10/10]
- Pikesville, MD: Pikes Theatre Closed [10/9]
- Goodyear, AZ: Harkins Estrella Falls 16 Opening October 13, 2016 [10/4]
- Country Club Hills, IL: Marcus Country Club Hills Cinema To Open October 14, 2016 [10/4]
- New York, NY: iPic Theaters at Fulton Market - South Street Seaport Opens October 7, 2016 [10/4]
The comedy classic Airplane! is coming back to the big screen at select AMC Theatres locations on Saturday, January 29th, and Tuesday, February 1st, 2011.
We are Shirley serious when we say that approximately 150 AMC theaters across the country will be showing the movie that was originally released on July 2, 1980 and spoofed the airplane disaster movies that came before it.
"You won’t want to miss this!" said Robert J. Lenihan, president of programming at AMC. "We are pleased to partner with Paramount to offer guests the opportunity to relive this hilarious, PG-rated movie when it hits the big screen again."
There are only two showtimes:
Click on the date above to see a list of theaters near you that are playing the movie.
Tickets are limited, so if you are interested, skip the fish for dinner, and order your tickets online now! AMC's web site is also mentioning that a limited number of commemorative full-sized posters will be available, but there aren't any details about how they will be distributed.
According to the press release from AMC, Airplane! grossed more than $83 million at the box office and was the fourth highest grossing movie in 1980. It was named to the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress on Dec. 28, 2010 as one of 25 films that are "culturally, historically or aesthetically" significant to American culture and to be preserved for all time.
If there aren't any theaters near you, Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com has the Airplane! (Don't Call Me Shirley! Edition) on DVD for $9.99 or you can rent it via Amazon Video on Demand for just $2.99 and relive all the great quotes and sight gags in the comfort of whatever space you call yours!
Source: AMC Entertainment Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.