Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Airplane! 
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
The comedy classic Airplane! is coming back to the big screen at select AMC Theatres locations on Saturday, January 29th, and Tuesday, February 1st, 2011.
We are Shirley serious when we say that approximately 150 AMC theaters across the country will be showing the movie that was originally released on July 2, 1980 and spoofed the airplane disaster movies that came before it.
"You won’t want to miss this!" said Robert J. Lenihan, president of programming at AMC. "We are pleased to partner with Paramount to offer guests the opportunity to relive this hilarious, PG-rated movie when it hits the big screen again."
There are only two showtimes:
Click on the date above to see a list of theaters near you that are playing the movie.
Tickets are limited, so if you are interested, skip the fish for dinner, and order your tickets online now! AMC's web site is also mentioning that a limited number of commemorative full-sized posters will be available, but there aren't any details about how they will be distributed.
According to the press release from AMC, Airplane! grossed more than $83 million at the box office and was the fourth highest grossing movie in 1980. It was named to the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress on Dec. 28, 2010 as one of 25 films that are "culturally, historically or aesthetically" significant to American culture and to be preserved for all time.
If there aren't any theaters near you, Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com has the Airplane! (Don't Call Me Shirley! Edition) on DVD for $9.99 or you can rent it via Amazon Video on Demand for just $2.99 and relive all the great quotes and sight gags in the comfort of whatever space you call yours!
Source: AMC Entertainment Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.