Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Soundtrack for "If I Stay" Features Music from Willamette Stone and Others [8/4]
- "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" Coming to Blu-ray/DVD on June 10, 2014 [3/17]
- "The Wolf of Wall Street" Comes to Blu-ray on March 25, 2014 and Download March 18, 2014 [2/20]
- Save Up to $7.50 on a Ticket to See "Robocop" [2/13]
- Buy 2, Get 1 Free Offer at Amazon.com - Expires Dec. 21, 2013 [12/17]
- Soundtrack for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug to be Released on December 10, 2013 [11/6]
- Gold Box Deal of the Day: Save Up To 72% On The "Alien Anthology Collection" and "Prometheus" on Blu-ray [11/1]
- Get a $3 MP3 Credit with Purchase of Select Gift Cards at Amazon.com [9/27]
- New on Video: October 1, 2013 [9/24]
- Show Mom You Care with an Amazon.com Gift Card [5/7]
One of our Gift Shop merchants sent us a notice of this sale item, and it's compelling enough to pass it along you.
For an unspecified amount of time, J&R Music and Computer World is offering the Logitech Harmony Remote 880 for $159.99 with free shipping. This remote lists for $249, and a quick check of prices at other retailers ranged from $172 at Amazon.com (unless you select J&R from the vendor list, of course) to $249.99 at Best Buy.
I can hear you thinking, $160 for a remote? What are you thinking? Ah, but how many remotes reside on your coffee table at home, and how many of them do you need just to watch TV or turn on a movie? If the answer is more than one, then you should consider getting a universal remote. While others may require some complex programming and looks of disapproval from your spouse when something doesn't work, this one is programmed on the Internet by visiting a web site, entering the equipment you have, and attaching the remote to your computer with a USB cable.
Once it is programmed, you select easy buttons like "Watch TV" or "Listen to CD" or "Watch DVD" (see photo at left) and it takes care of switching inputs on the TV, the receiver, and providing you with the controls for your DVD player, TiVo, or CD player. The color screen makes it easy to use, and a "help" system will troubleshoot any troubles you might run into.
I wish I could say that I've used one myself and I could speak from personal experience, but alas, I have a programmable touchscreen universal remote that is infinitely flexible in what it can do, but a year later, I'm still tweaking settings and moving things around to suit my liking. This is the remote I want my parents to have, though, and the holidays are just a short four months away...
Click on the image or text link below to be taken to J&R's site to buy or for more information:
I have no idea how long this sale price will last, or if it's a new regular price. Given the large differential in this price vs. other online and local retailers I found, I wouldn't wait very long to take advantage of a great price and free shipping!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.