Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Paragon Grove 13
- Paragon Odyssey 15
- Paragon Chateau 14 Theatres
- Paragon Village 12
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
The CineMagic Chateau 14 Theatres in Rochester, Minnesota and the CineMagic Atlantis 15 in Burnsville, Minnesota have been sold to Florida-based Paragon Entertainment, LLC., according to articles on the web sites for KTTC-TV and the Sun-Current.
Both theaters were closed at the end of January by CineMagic Theatres, which went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in September 2010. They are being upgraded by Paragon Entertainment to offer Digital Cinema Projection systems in all auditoriums (with 3D in some of them), as well as upgraded and reserved seating and lounges that serve alcoholic drinks.
|The Muvico Village 12, operated by Paragon Entertainment, opened to the public in May 2010.|
According to an article in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Atlantis 15 will be renamed to Odyssey 15, and will re-open in about two weeks. The VIP seating, bar and lounge, and "small-plate food offerings" will follow in the spring. The Chateau 14 is scheduled to reopen in late February or early March.
CineMagic Theatres operates seven other movie theaters in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Customers with gift certificates for the Chateau 14 may redeem them at their other Rochester location, the CineMagic Hollywood Luxury Stadium 12. Company spokesman Bryan Sieve is quoted in the KTTC article as saying that the company has no plans to close that theater but no mention was made of the other locations and their fates as a result of the company's financial condition.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.