Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Wilderness Outdoor Movie Theater
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The Wilderness Outdoor Movie Theater in Trenton, Georgia opened to the public on Friday, March 24, 2006, according to an article on Chattanoogan.com:
Tired of paying a fortune for your family to go to the movies? Ready for the ultimate movie experience? In just a few days, the Wilderness Outdoor Theater (a new twist to the drive-in theater) will make your trip to the movies a whole new outdoor adventure! The new season opens on Friday, March 24, with a double-feature - "Shaggy Dog" and immediately following, "Eight Below."
Nestled in the foothills of Dade County, north Georgia, the outdoor theater is set on 45 landscaped acres surrounded by a beautiful backdrop of mountains. The grounds can accommodate up to 1,000 cars, but you'll want to bring your lawn chairs or blankets and sit out under the stars. The surround sound system is made up of 16 speakers placed around the hillside theater and the massive movie screen measures in at 50' x 100'.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
For showtimes and more information, see the Theater Information page for the Wilderness Outdoor Movie Theater.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.