Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Captain America 3D Double Feature Coming to Theaters April 3rd [3/10]
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
- See a 5-Minute Clip for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Before "Thor: The Dark World 3D" [10/23]
- High-Def Digest Reviews "The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience" at the Newly Remodeled TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX in Hollywood [9/24]
- 20th Century Fox to Distribute Jesus Christ Movie 'Son of God' [9/12]
- Newton, IA: Valle Drive-In Wants Your Vote for a Free Digital Projector [8/23]
AMC Entertainment is dropping its free "MovieWatcher" rewards program in exchange for a new program they are calling "AMC Stubs" which will cost $12 per year.
The AMC Stubs web site declares the following benefits of the new program:
- $10 AMC Stubs Reward for every $100 you spend at AMC Theatres.
- Free upgrades on popcorn and fountain drinks.
If you pay for a small, you can get a medium. If you pay for a medium, you can get a large.
- Online ticket purchase fees waived.
All online ticket purchase fees are waived on movietickets.com and fandango.com.
- Your online ticket stub collection.
This will keep track of what movies you've seen and when, but obviously, only at AMC locations.
AMC Stubs has an annual fee of $12, which is $1 more per month than the MovieWatcher program it replaces (which was free if you're having trouble with the math).
Existing MovieWatcher members in Austin, Norfolk, Minneapolis, and Houston already lost their MovieWatcher status, but the web site says that all other locations have until 3/31/11 to earn points and collect their rewards on the old program.
This program would be great if it were free, but for $12, I would think that you would need to be an avid moviegoer that goes exclusively to AMC theater locations and that always buys concessions to make this worthwhile.
If you've got some extra money and you're looking to upgrade your moviegoing experience, why not start at the beginning? Since you're reading this, you most likely use The BigScreen Cinema Guide to get your showtimes and information about movies and theaters that are playing them. So why not improve that experience by signing up for our VIP Service?
For just $9.95 per year, the ads on this site magically disappear, and you get access to all kinds of cool enhanced features that are only available to our VIP readers. Plus, you'll have $2.05 left to spend elsewhere!
Thanks to reader Ron H. for passing this information along to us!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
I think this stubs is actually worse...The FREE amc card offered plenty and had free popcorn every wensday..this new card does not offer anything like that. Thanks AMC!
I agree with BigScreen Reader. The AMC Stubs program is a bad idea.
To get a new card you have to pay AMC $12.00 a year. You then have to spend another $100.00 in order to get the first $10.00 back. If you want the last $2.00 back of your membership fee, you then have to spend another $100.00.
This is not a loyalty program. This is corporate greed pure and simple. Save your $12.00 and keep your options open. Allow yourself the opportunity to visit other theaters without the worry of trying to recover your costs.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.