Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Boedecker Theater
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
- Montgomery, AL: Carmike Chantilly 13 Now Open [8/8]
- Salt Lake City, UT: Megaplex to Build 10-Screen Movie Theater at Cottonwood Development [8/2]
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
The Denver Post reported last week that art house fans in Boulder, Colorado now have a new place to see movies! The Boedecker Theater opened its doors on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 with a showing of Jean-Luc Godard's Breathless.
Boulder boasts a film festival. And the University of Colorado there sponsors the International Film Series. There's even a symposium named in honor of avant-garde cinema legend and one-time professor Stan Brakhage (it starts March 11.)
What the movie-smitten town hasn't had for a number of years is an art house. This changed Wednesday, when the Boedecker Theater flipped on its digital projector and screened Jean-Luc Godard's "Breathless." The intimate 60-seat movie house is part of the Dairy Center, an arts-culture hub.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Architect's rendering of the interior of the Boedecker Theater in Boulder, Colorado.
The new theater is part of The Dairy Center for the Arts on Walnut Street, near the Arapahoe Village Shopping Center, and features just 60 seats, Digital Cinema Projection (all digital, with no film projection capability), and 7.1 channel surround sound. The space is in a corner of the center that previously held a public access television studio. The theater will offer the standard concessions, as well as beer and wine, and it can host live performances as well.
Groundbreaking was held on August 19, 2010. We're currently working on getting showtimes for the theater, and should have them soon on the Showtimes page for the theater.
Have You Been to the Boedecker Theater?
If so, please share your comments about your experience in the Reader Comments page for the theater!
Source: The Dairy Center Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.