Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Vue Dale Drive-In Theatre
Add Your Comments
- 2017 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/24]
- Frisco, TX: Cinemark Movie Theater Delayed to September 2018 [1/23]
- Malibu, CA: Regal Malibu Twin May Close Soon [1/23]
- Rochester, NY: Cinemark Movies 10 in Brighton Closed [1/23]
- Staten Island, NY: UA Hylan Plaza 5 Closed [1/23]
- Santa Fe, NM: UA Devargas Mall Cinema 6 Closed [1/23]
- Star Wars 8 Has a Title: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" [1/23]
- Asheville, NC: UA Beaucatcher Cinemas 7 Closed [1/20]
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
The Vue Dale Drive-In Theatre in Wenatchee, Washington will light up the big screen under the stars for the last time at the end of the 2010 season, according to an article by the Wenatchee World:
The 57-year-old Vue Dale Drive-In, one of only seven drive-in movie theaters left in the state, will go dark due to a variety of factors, said Bryan Cook, general manager of Sun Basin Theatres, the movie company that owns the Vue Dale and indoor theaters in downtown Wenatchee, East Wenatchee and other locations around the state.
The two-screen, 650-car outdoor facility — a relic from the 1950s age of motoring — has become a victim of advancing technology, dramatic shifts in movie-going habits and rising property values, he said.
Closure of the drive-in also figures into Sun Basin’s plans for construction of a new 14-screen multiplex, the Gateway Cinema 14 in north Wenatchee’s Olds Station. Financing of the new $8 million multiplex could be partially funded by the eventual sale of the 11-acre Vue Dale property, although long-term plans call for use of the property by light industry or development of condos or apartments.
Click the Read link below to view the full article and to see photos and interviews from moviegoers at the drive-in.
Drive-in movie lovers are going to have to do some driving to enjoy their movies the old-fashioned way. The closest drive-in to Wenatchee is the Valley 6 Drive-In Theatres in Auburn, about 2 1/2 hours away. For those willing to see movies indoors, there are three movie theaters within 20 miles as well.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.