Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Samuel Goldwyn Theater at A.M.P.A.S.
Beverly Hills, CA
Add Your Comments
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
- Frank Theatres Announces 2016 Summer Kids Series [5/27]
- Free Kids Movies at Cobb Theatres This Summer [5/27]
- Kid-Friendly Movies at Georgia Theatre Company Locations This Summer [5/27]
- $2 Movies at Malco Theatres' Kids Summer Film Fest Benefits Children's Hospitals [5/27]
- Free Movies at Bow Tie Cinemas During Summer Kids Series 2016 [5/27]
- Harkins Theatres Offers 2016 "Summer Movie Fun" Series - 10 Movies, 10 Weeks, Less than $1 Per Movie [5/26]
- Summer Kids' Flicks at Southern Theatres Locations [5/26]
|Peter Finch (left) and William Holden both earned Oscar nominations for Actor in a Leading Role for their performances as Howard Beale and Max Schumacher, respectively, in 1976 Best Picture nominee "Network."|
Beverly Hills, CA – The 1976 Best Picture nominee “Network” will be screened as the final feature in part three of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ “Great To Be Nominated” series. The scathing satire of network television will be shown on Monday, August 28, at 7:30 p.m. in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Producer Howard Gottfried, cinematographer Owen Roizman, editor Alan Heim, production designer Philip Rosenberg, and cameramen Tom Priestley Jr. and Fred Schuler will participate in a panel discussion following the screening.
Oscar®-winner Peter Finch stars in “Network” as Howard Beale, an aging news anchor who threatens to commit suicide on-air after being fired by his network for poor ratings. His rant generates huge ratings, making him an asset to the network and altering his fate and the fate of his co-workers. The film won four Oscars, for Actor in a Leading Role (Finch, in his final performance), Actress in a Leading Role (Faye Dunaway as Diana Christensen), Actress in a Supporting Role (Beatrice Straight as Louise Schumacher) and Writing – Screenplay written directly for the screen based on factual material or on story material not previously published or produced (Paddy Chayefsky). The film also received nominations for Best Picture (Gottfried, producer), Actor in a Leading Role (William Holden as Max Schumacher), Actor in a Supporting Role (Ned Beatty as Arthur Jensen), Cinematography (Roizman), Directing (Sidney Lumet) and Film Editing (Heim).
The Oscar-nominated live action short “Number One” (live action) will be screened prior to the feature, and its director, Dyan Cannon, will be present.
Tickets for “Network” may be purchased at a cost of $5 for the general public and $3 for Academy members and students with a valid ID. Tickets may be purchased by mail, in person at the Academy during regular business hours or, depending on availability, on the night of the screening when the doors open at 6:30 p.m. Curtain time for the feature is 7:30 p.m., and pre-show elements will begin at 6:45 p.m. The Academy is located at 8949 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills. For more information, call (310) 247-3600.
Source: ©A.M.P.A.S.® Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.