Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Violet Crown Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
The Violet Crown Cinema in Austin, Texas will be opening to the public on Friday, April 29, 2011. The new theater is owned by Austin native Bill Banowsky, who founded Magnolia Pictures. The name of the theater came from Austin's nickname, "The City of the Violet Crown."
Programming for the Violet Crown Cinema will be "art, independent, documentary, and international" movies. Customers will be able to enjoy traditional theater concessions as well as gourmet appetizers. Violet Crown's Bar & Cafe offers a full cocktail bar, including an extensive beer list with several local draft beers, and a wine list containing fine wines.
All seats for all shows are reserved and can be purchased at the cinema or online. The web site says that they will be showing no commercials before the movie, and minimal previews. Seating begins five minutes before the show's start time and the movie will begin within ten minutes after the scheduled time. Children under the age of 16 are not admitted without an adult.
The Violet Crown Cinema will open on Friday by showing the French movie Certified Copy (Copie conforme), the Mexican documentary Circo, and Academy Award nominee for Best foreign language film from Denmark, In A Better World.
To see when they are playing, visit the Showtimes page!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.