Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
Earlier this month, AMC Theatres introduced an alternative to the usual soda and popcorn choices at the concession counter with something approaching a more healthy choice, which they are calling "AMC Smart MovieSnacks." This package will include Chiquita Fruit Chips, a 20-oz. Dasani water, an Odwalla Bar Chocolate Chip Trail Mix and PopCorners popped corn chips.
AMC Smart MovieSnacks will cost $7 and are available at all AMC Theatres in the United States. The items are not available separately, but the Dasani water can be substituted with a 20 oz. Diet Coke or Coke Zero instead.
"At AMC, we are all about giving our guests choices – in the type and format of entertainment they watch and the food and beverages they consume," said George Patterson, senior vice president of food and beverage at AMC. "We know there are occasions – and dietary reasons – when guests want more options beyond traditional concession fare. AMC Smart MovieSnacks is an innovative way to provide guests a variety of quality branded products in a convenient bundle. We think they will love it."
According to the press release, the Chiquita Fruit Chips are 100% real fruit, the PopCorners are "chip-like corn snacks that are air-popped with real corn and all natural ingredients," and the Odwalla Bar Chocolate Chip Trail Mix consists of chocolate chips, rolled oats, peanuts, raisins, coconut, sunflower seeds and Vitamins A, C, E, plus folic acid and calcium.
The variety of items in this package, and the fact that it is packaged together nicely should make it appealing to kids as well as adults. The price is certainly attractive compared to what a small soda and popcorn is going to set you back at most movie theaters.
Have You Tried AMC Smart MovieSnacks?
Let us know what you think by leaving your comments below!
Source: AMC Entertainment Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.