Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Framingham 16
Add Your Comments
- A Snapshot of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - 80k players, 88 titles, 1 million discs sold [11/8]
- High-Def Digest Previews the Sony UBP-X1000ES Ultra HD Blu-ray Player [9/29]
- OPPO Digital Confirms Upcoming Ultra HD Blu-ray Player [9/26]
- Sony Announces 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for Spring 2017 Release [9/15]
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
To celebrate the release of a new Infinifilm DVD release of the 1984 classic horror movie A Nightmare on Elm Street (my personal favorite horror movie, right along with Aliens), select theaters will be showing the movie and an exclusive feature – "Freddy's Best Kills," a montage of Freddy Krueger's gruesome kills throughout the rest of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, including sequels 2 through 6, plus Wes Craven's New Nightmare and Freddy VS Jason – that can be seen only in theatres during this special event.
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Two-Disc Infinifilm Special Edition) is scheduled to be released on DVD on September 26, 2006. (You can pre-order it from Amazon.com and save 30%)
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
- “All-Access Pass” documentaries:
- “Never Sleep Again” – the making of A Nightmare on Elm Street
- “Freddy’s Coming For You” – trivia challenge
- Beyond-the-MovieTM documentaries:
- “The House That Freddy Built” – the legacy of New Line horror
- “Night Terrors” – the origins of Wes Craven’s nightmares
- infinifilm™ interactive features:
- Exclusive Nightmare video clips
- Feature-length audio essays with Wes Craven, Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp and more
- 16x9 widescreen (1.85.1) version of the film
- Dolby Digital 6.1 and Stereo Surround Sound
- Closed captions
LOS ANGELES, CA & DENVER, CO (August 23, 2006) – One, two, Freddy’s coming for you! As one of the most frightening horror film slashers of all time, Freddy Krueger established his legacy in eight feature films, a television show and an innumerable body count. Now, the film that started it all, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, is back on the big screen in select movie theatres across the country for two nights only to celebrate the premiere of the all-new, special edition infinifilmTM DVD.
In addition to the thrill of seeing this horror classic on the big screen in High-Definition and cinema surround sound, fans will also be treated to a new exclusive feature – "Freddy's Best Kills," a montage of Freddy Krueger's gruesome kills throughout the rest of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, including sequels 2 through 6, plus Wes Craven's New Nightmare and Freddy VS Jason – that can be seen only in theatres during this special event.
This special, two-night A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET will be presented by New Line Home Entertainment and National CineMedia on Wednesday, September 20th and Thursday, September 21st at 8:00 p.m. local time in 124 Regal, United Artists, Edwards, Cinemark, AMC and Georgia Theatre Company movie theatres across the country. Tickets are available online at www.BigScreenBoxOffice.com or at presenting theatre box offices for $10.00. (For a complete list of theatres, please visit the website.)
Go back to the beginning, where the horror began for the children of Elm Street as they fight to never sleep again in fear of being murdered in their dreams. A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET stars Robert Englund (A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2: Freddy’s Revenge, Freddy Vs. Jason) in the legendary role of Freddy Krueger, Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) in his first feature film role, and the star of the Nightmare series, Heather Langenkamp.
In this original chilling masterpiece, Nancy Thompson (Langenkamp) is suffering from violent nightmares about a badly burned man wearing a glove made of knives. She quickly learns that this man – child molester Freddy Krueger (Englund) – is also terrorizing the dreams of her friends and boyfriend, Glen (Depp). As they begin to die one by one in their sleep, Nancy learns, that years prior, the parents of Elm Street burned Krueger alive – and now Freddy is back to claim their children’s lives as revenge! As the teenagers of Elm Street fight to stay awake, Nancy must save their lives and her own by bringing Freddy out of their dreams and back into the real world to destroy him forever.
The A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET all-new, special edition infinifilmTM DVD will be available on September 26, 2006, from New Line Home Entertainment.
ABOUT NATIONAL CINEMEDIA, LLC
National CineMedia, LLC is a venture of AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark USA, Inc. and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), three of the world's leading theatrical exhibition companies. The company develops pre feature entertainment; cinema and lobby advertising products; comprehensive meeting and event services; and alternative forms of entertainment content for distribution across the approximately 13,000 screens operated by its owner theatre circuits and other theatre affiliates. Over 11,000 of these screens are part of NCM’s Digital Content Network (DCN), one of the world's largest in-theatre digital distribution networks. The network provides content and advertising to 150 markets, including 49 of the top 50, reaching 525 million movie patrons annually. For additional information, please go to www.ncm.com.
ABOUT NEW LINE HOME ENTERTAINMENT/NEW LINE CINEMA
New Line Home Entertainment distributes New Line Cinema theatrical films on DVD, including the premium DVD brand infinifilm™. The Company also distributes feature films and nontheatrical programs acquired or produced by New Line Home Entertainment and New Line Television. Founded almost 40 years ago, New Line Cinema is the most successful independent film company in the world. Its mission is to produce innovative, popular and profitable entertainment in the best creative environment. In addition to the production, marketing and distribution of theatrical motion pictures, the fully-integrated studio has divisions devoted to home entertainment, television, music, theater, merchandising and an international unit. In 2005, New Line partnered with HBO to form Picturehouse, a new theatrical distribution company to release independent films. A pioneer in franchise filmmaking, New Line’s Oscar-winning The Lord of the Rings trilogy is one of the most successful film franchises in history. New Line is a division of Time Warner, Inc.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.