Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Sea Turtle Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
The Sea Turtle Cinemas in Bluffton, South Carolina has been acquired by Cinemark Holdings, Inc., which does business under the brands of Cinemark, Century Theatres, CineArts, and Tinseltown. According to the press release issued yesterday by Cinemark, the acquisition will be complete on Thursday, May 5, 2011.
“At Cinemark, our main focus is to create the best movie-going experience possible for our customers,” states James Meredith, Vice President of Marketing for Cinemark USA, Inc. “We are excited that the Bluffton theatre will become part of the Cinemark family. Our plan is to implement a seamless transition and we are not planning to experience any interruption in business. As was the case with the previous management team, Cinemark will continue to operate the theatre at a very high level and our number one focus will continue to be our customers.”
Cinemark is planning on some upgrades for the theater, including a conversion to Digital Cinema Projection systems by the end of May as well as some new pricing options. Seniors 62 and older will enjoy discounted admission on Mondays and an "Early Bird" program will offer a discounted rate for the first showtime each day.
Cinemark owns and/or operates 430 locations in 39 U.S. states, Brazil, Mexico, and other Latin American countries as of December 31, 2010. (View a list of all the locations in the United States) Besides this new purchase in Bluffton, there are two other locations in South Carolina, the Cinemark at Myrtle Beach and Cinemark Movies 8 - Summerville.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.