Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Yuma, AZ: Main Street Cinemas Reopens January 30, 2015 [1/28]
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
The Cinemark Stone Hill Town Center in Pflugerville, Texas is now open for business, according to a press release from Cinemark. Opening day was Friday, April 29, 2011. The new 9-screen theater is located at 18820 Hilltop Commercial Drive in the suburb of Austin, and it features Cinemark's new "NextGen" design concept, which is promoted as offering "the latest technology, cutting edge amenities, and customer-preferred options all under one roof."
"At Cinemark, our main focus is to create the best movie-going experience possible for our customers," states James Meredith, Vice President of Marketing for Cinemark USA, Inc. "We are excited to open this new high-tech theatre for movie-lovers in Pflugerville. The new NextGen auditoriums create the perfect environment for enjoying Hollywood’s summer blockbusters like Fast Five, Thor, Super 8, X-Men: First Class, Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and many more."
All nine auditoriums feature stadium seating and high-backed rocker-style seats with flip-up cup holders. Coca-Cola drinks will help you wash down the "freshly popped" popcorn and candy selections. (One hopes that freshly popped popcorn isn't a feature reserved for their "NextGen" theaters only...)
Pflugerville residents have already been enjoying what Cinemark has to offer at the Cinemark Tinseltown 20 and XD, located about 6 miles West, near I-35. Cinemark owns and/or operated almost 300 locations around the United States, including many in Texas.
For more information, read our Journal article from May 2010 titled Cinemark to Open Theater in Stone Hill Town Center by Summer 2011 After Receiving Incentives from City.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.